I’ve started drawing up a list of some of the things I’d like to talk about in this Blog. I definitely want to share some useful information with other visual communications folks as well as act as an ambassador to the greater community who draw upon our services as content creators.
As much as I am truly a Gearhead, I don’t want to focus on that aspect. I’m unlikely to do a camera or lens shootout here.
I’d also like to debunk some myths I see being perpetuated on the Internet.
I caution you now, I have strong opinions but I try hard to differentiate between FACT and OPINION. And both my facts and opinions come from MY experience and MY unique business model. I’m not so vain as to insist MY facts hold true for everyone in every place.
So… what do I want to talk about?
- Content is King… sort of.
- The “Lie” Around “Fair-Use”
- Too Good To Be True: Myths of Video Production
- The False Economy Of D.I.Y.
- “The World of Video Production Is Changing”… what the new kids on the block would like you to believe around the “democratization of video”.
As well, I fully intend on fleshing out the Open Letter To Event Planners series. Stick around!